The focus of this Private 2 Day Meteora and Zagori Photo Tour is to explore and Photograph the Meteora rock formations in central Greece, the unknown surrounding areas that only locals know about, and Zagori , a region and municipality in the Pindus mountains in Epirus, in northwestern Greece.
- The first day will be spent in the captivating area of Meteora. The focal point will be visiting the best spots to photograhp significant monasteries from outside and visiting one of the 6 Monasteries of Meteora from inside . You will explore the landscape and learn about the history and architecture of this majestic place, all while capturing it through your lens. We will take you to sites in Meteora and surrounding areas: small waterfalls, rivers, old bridges, caves, rocks at more distant points with spectacular views, and peaks from where we can see and photograph the large complexities of the Meteora Rocks. We will also cover some museums and old churches of historical and religious interest, all worthwhile for knowledge and photography opportunities. The day will be properly wrapped up with an epic sunset shoot up on the Meteora rocks. Overnight stay in Kalampaka.
- On the second day we will embark on our journey to Zagori, one of the most alluring and scenic landscapes in Greece. We will make a brief stop in Ioannina City and then will be on our way to the mountainous region of Epirus. It is an area that contains 46 stone villages known as the Zagori villages with striking views of the high peaks of the Pindos Mountains. At the heart of the Vikos–Aoös National Park, the Vikos Gorge or Vikos Canyon is the most impressive and famous natural monument of Zagori, and distinguished as the deepest gorge in the world, with glittering, crystal rivers and green picturesque mountains. We will visit some of the villages, most notably Great Papigo Village. We will spend our time in the most iconic spots of Zagori, shooting many of the old stone bridges. This will be another unforgettable day for the nature lover to discover and capture this breathtaking and well preserved part of Greece.
Each day we will begin the tour at a convenient time, ensuring we include all areas of interest. On both days we will take a lunch break to dine in a traditional Greek tavern. Each day the duration of the tour will be 8-10 hours. Make sure to dress comfortably.
Take the unique opportunity to explore, learn about and capture stunning photos of the Meteora Rocks, Zagori and Vikos Gorge. You will learn practical tips you can use instantly to enhance and refine your photography skills. We will point out details invisible to the untrained eye, reveal the best points on the route of your interest and identify photo opportunities for the most creative shots. This is a tour of a lifetime, allowing you two full days to cover two of the most incredible natural landscapes that Greece has to offer.
Book your Private 2 Day Meteora and Zagori Photo Tour Now!
2 Day Meteora and Zagori Photo Tour details
- Who: For anyone with a passion for travel and photography who wants a private, hands on experience and an unforgettable journey through Plastiras Lake.
- Time and Duration of Tour: 2 Days. Time will be confirmed at booking based on time of year.
- Group Size: Our 2 Day Meteora and Zagori Photo Tour are scheduled for 1-3 participants. 3 is the maximum to ensure you get the most out of the tour.
- Cost: €499 for 1 participant | €749 for 2 participants | €899 for 3 participants
- Meeting Point: Meeting point is at your hotel. We will pick you up from and drop you off at your hotel. We can accommodate other arrangements.
- Experience & Difficulty: From beginner to professional Photographers. Touring will be done by vehicle combined with easy paced walking and small to medium elevation changes along the way. There will be some walking on uneven routes so make sure you wear appropriate shoes.
- Your Photographer and Guide: Tour is led by Christos the professional photographer and Konstantina ,Meteora locals, with discussions and tips on composition, different angles, technical aspects and everyday usage of your camera and some historical things about the area of Meteora.
- Other Things Provided: Snacks and water will be provided. We will also give you a small gift to remember Meteora by.
What is included
- Hotel pick up and drop off are provided
- Monasteries , Museum and archaeological entrance fees
- Meal prices
What is not included
- Your accomodation
If you want to arange your accomodation at Meteora, let us know.
Learn more about Meteora and city of Kalampaka (Wikipedia).
Learn more about Zagori (Wikipedia).
*Don’t have a professional camera? Don’t worry. We are able to teach you tips and tricks on your compact camera and smartphone too.
*It is recommended that you bring a tripod, or ask us to bring one for you!
Contact us for any questions or more information!
Contact us for more information, or any of your questions.