Game of Thrones – James Bond – For your eyes only
Did you know about Meteora? Maybe you have seen this Giant Rocks before, but you don’t know it!
- Meteora, a 2012 Greek film devoted entirely to a story set in the Monastery of the Holy Trinity, Meteora.
- The monastery of Holy Trinity was a filming location in the 1981 James Bond movie For Your Eyes Only
- Scenes from Tintin and the Golden Fleece were also shot at the Meteora monasteries.
- Michina, the main setting of the movie Pokémon: Arceus and the Jewel of Life is based on Meteora.
- Meteora is the main location in the fiction book The Spook’s Sacrifice, by Lancashire author Joseph Delaney
- The Holy Monastery of St. Nicholas Anapausas was an inspiration for St. Francis Folly in the computer game Tomb Raider and Tomb Raider: Anniversary.
- One of the surviving characters in Max Brooks‘s zombie apocalypse novel, “World War Z” finds refuge and peace of mind in the monasteries during and after the zombie war.
- The 2012 movie Metéora directed by Spiros Stathoulopoulos is set in the monasteries and scenery of Meteora
- Primary location and name of Volume 3 in the comic book series “Le Décalogue” by French author Frank Giroud.
- The Eyrie of Vale of the House of Arryn from Game of Thrones is based on Meteora
- The Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 DLC Map “Sanctuary” is set in the monasteries of the Meteora.
- The 2003 album by Linkin Park takes its name from the site.
- The monasteries were a filming location for the 1976 action movie Sky Riders  starring Susannah York, James Coburn and Robert Culp.
- Meteora is one of several Greek locations in the fiction book Time Stands Still by California author Stacy Froumis
- In The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles episode “Travels with Father”, Indiana and his father visit Meteor.