This daily Photography Tour starts from Athens and ends in Athens the same day. Tickets for your train ride from Athens to Meteora and back are included.
Your train ride from Athens to Meteora departs at 8:22am from the Athens train station. The Athens train station is accessible by Athens metro. You will disembark from Athens and venture to Kalampaka, a town near Meteora. Upon arriving (at approx 1:18pm) you will be greeted by your photographer and will start photographing the traditional village of Kastraki which lies on the footpath of the Meteora rocks.
The day will take you on an unprecedented tour around the UNESCO Heritage site of Meteora, photographing its multitude of unique visual highlights. In your private vehicle and with some light walking, you and your photographer guide will spend about 3 hours visiting some ancient monasteries which sit atop these rock formations, and exploring the beautiful landscape. You will also have 1 hour of free time during your visit, to wander around the city of Kalampaka or enjoy a nice meal (not included).
Learn how to photograph at different times of the day, and as you progress toward sunset you will be presented with a magical view only found in Meteora. The day ends with an evening train ride back to Athens . You will arrive back to Athens around 10:12pm.
|1 participant||2 participants||3 participants||4 participants|
|14 hours||14 hours||14 hours||14 hours|
|Departs 08:20 am from Athens||Arrives at 13:20 at Kalampaka||Departs at 17:30 from Kalampaka||Arrives at 22:20 at Athens|
- Time and Duration of Tour: 1 day! You will take the train from Athens to Kalampaka at 08:18 am. and you will leave from Kalampaka to Athens the same day at 17.32 pm.
- Meeting Point: Meeting point is the train station. We will pick you up from the train station at adout 1.20 am .
- Experience & Difficulty: From beginner to professional photographers. Touring will be done by vehicle combined with easy paced walking and small to medium elevation changes along the way. There will be some walking on uneven routes so make sure you wear appropriate shoes.
- Your Guide: Tour is led by Christos or Konstantina the professional photographers ,Meteora locals, with discussions and tips on composition, different angles, technical aspects and everyday usage of your camera and some historical things about the area of Meteora.
*Please remember to book few days before you come because we have to book your train tickets!
*It recommended that you bring a tripod or ask us to bring one for you!
*Don’t have a professional camera? Don’t worry. We are able to teach you tips and tricks on your compact camera and smartphone too.
*Wear suitable shoes.
All Day Meteora Photo Tour from Athens by train is held every day through out the year. Check below the days itinerary:
Athens 08:00. Train departs at 08:20 from Athens Central Train station.
Kalambaka 13:18. Train arrives at Kalambaka Train station.
Our photographer will meet you at the station and your photography tour starts!
Explore Meteora rock formations and Kalambaka city in a four hours photo tour.
Kalambaka 17:15. Train departs at 17:32 from Kalambaka Train station.
Athens 22:12. Train arrives at Athens Central Train station.
You need to arrive in Central Athens train station at least 30 minutes before train departure.
Map of the train station. The train station is accessible by Metro, bus, taxi.
What is included
- Train Tickets
- Train station pick up and drop off are provided
- Monasteries , Museum and archaeological entrance fees
What is not included
- Meal prices
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and monasteries. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Food and drink is available on the train for you to purchase, but you are also allowed to bring your own food, drinks. Purchases in the train are cash only
- A small amount of walking is involved Due to uneven surfaces, this tour is not recommended for those with walking disabilities
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers
*Wanting to explore and photograph one more day? Perfect! Make this this tour
a Private 2 Day Meteora Photo Tour from Athens by train all inclusive , or
Contact us for more information, or any of your questions.