Suitable from Beginner to Pro Photographers, starts one hour before sunrise. Daily Athens Photo Tours are open up to four (4) participants, upgrades to private tour.
Sunrise Athens Photo tour
This is your chance to get an epic sunrise photo of Athens. Join our professional photographer early in the morning for a Sunrise Athens Photo Tour, as you will find your way up to Filopapou hill overlooking the Acropolis hill, and Parthenon. You will be guided to a scenic spot where you can watch the sunrise as it unfolds in the Greek capital. The image is wonderful, and Athens is a city enjoying almost 300 days of sunshine and nice weather.
You will be arriving one hour earlier, before sunrise so we can start photographing the blue hour, then sunrise and the golden hour, as the sun rises from behind Immitos mountain. Check out this article to better understand blue hour, golden hour and twilights. Also, have a look at this Sunrise calculator for Athens.
Athens city is mostly sunny with almost 300 days of sunshine! Be sure to wear comfortable light clothes (during summer) and walking shoes. Bring your camera, dslr, mirrorless, point and shoot or even your mobile phone. This tour is open to all photographers! Expect to walk in pavement roads, but also on uneven paths with a small elevation (up to Filopapou hill). After finishing our sunrise photos we will walk towards the center of Athens, enjoying coffee, tea and some breakfast bakery delight.
Sunrise Athens Photo Tour details
Our Athens Photo Tours are scheduled up to 4 participants. Minimum 1 participant. A private option is available.
Subscribe to our monthly newsletter and be the first to know about photo tour updates.
Experience – Difficulty
- From Beginner to Pro Photographers
- Easy pace walking tour
- Small elevation changes along the way
- Some walking on uneven routes
- Early morning wake-up!
Date & time
Sunrise Athens Photography is held every day, throughout the year in Athens, Greece. We meet in a central place near the entrance of Acropolis, one hour before sunrise.
Meeting place directions will be sent to you after completing booking.
What to bring
You will be photographing the sunrise in very early hours, so a tripod is kind of mandatory. Let us know if you don’t have one we provide a rental option.
A remote release as we will be taking photos several seconds long.
We will be walking up Filopapou hill, early in the morning, so a headlight or even the torch feature from modern smartphones will come in handy!
You will be escorted by a professional photographer, discussing composition, different angles, technical aspects and usage of your camera.
Sunrise Athens Photo Tour Highlights
- Discover Ancient Greece Enjoy a photo tour of the city
- Learn the tips and techniques of professional photography
- Fun for the entire family
- Small-group ensures a personalized experience
- Private option available so your can spend quality time with the photographer!
- If you cancel at least 7 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
- Cancelling between 3 and 6 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is a 50 percent cancellation fee.
- Should you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.
Contact us for more information, or any of your questions.
|Select Photo Tour||
Non Private Tour, Private Tour per person