What is the focal point of Private 2day Meteora Photo tour from Athens by train ? The Sunset and Sunrise of Meteora! As the best times to view the natural landscape of Meteora and capture photos in the dimming light is when the sun sets down and when the sun come up, we will take you to photograph the majestic Sunset and the Golden Sunrise of Meteora! You will overnight in a 3 stars hotel and we will also taste the traditional Greek cuisine with meals both of the days.
- The first day will be spent in the captivating area of Meteora. The focal point will be visiting the best spots to photograhp significant monasteries from outside and visiting one of the 6 Monasteries of Meteora from inside . You will explore the landscape and learn about the history and architecture of this majestic place, all while capturing it through your lens. We will take you to sites in Meteora and surrounding areas: small waterfalls, rivers,(depend of the season) old bridges, caves, rocks at more distant points with spectacular views, and peaks from where we can see and photograph the large complexities of the Meteora Rocks. The day will be properly wrapped up with an epic sunset shoot up on the Meteora rocks. Overnight stay in Kalampaka.
- On the second day we wake up early and start before dawn. The time will be slightly different depending on the time of year but will be made clear upon booking. After 3 or 4 hours of exploration and photography we will drop you off at your hotel for your breakfast. We will take a rest for 2 and half hours and continue to explore the rest of the area of Meteora and photograph with diferent light from deferent angle. About 16:00 we will go for lunch on a traditional Greek reastaurant and you will take the train to Athens at 17:18
- Who: For anyone with a passion for travel and photography who wants a private, hands on experience and an unforgettable journey through Meteora.
- Time and Duration of Tour: 2 days! You will take the train from Athens to Kalampaka at 08:18 am. and you will leave the next day at 17.32 pm.
- Time of Year: The Private 2 day Meteora photo tour from Athens by train is held every day throughout the year, in every season, in Meteora, Greece.
- Meeting Point: Meeting point is the train station. We will pick you up from the train station at adout 1.20 am .
- Experience & Difficulty: From beginner to professional photographers. Touring will be done by vehicle combined with easy paced walking and small to medium elevation changes along the way. There will be some walking on uneven routes so make sure you wear appropriate shoes.
- Your Guide: Tour is led by Christos the professional photographer and Konstantina ,Meteora locals, with discussions and tips on composition, different angles, technical aspects and everyday usage of your camera and some historical things about the area of Meteora.
- Other Things Provided – Snacks and water will be provided. After the sunset we will enjoy a traditional local greek meal. Accommodation in a 3star hotel. We will also give you a small gift to remember Meteora by.
*Please remember to book few days before you come because we have to book your train tickets!
*It recommended that you bring a tripod or ask us to bring one for you!
*Don’t have a professional camera? Don’t worry. We are able to teach you tips and tricks on your compact camera and smartphone too.
*Wear suitable shoes.
*Wanting to explore and photograph one more day? Perfect! Make this this tour a 3 Days Photo Tour visiting the Plastiras Lake or Zagori giving you more time to explore and photograph additional areas with spectacular landscape!
What is included
- Train Tickets
- Hotel pick up and drop off are provided
- Monasteries , Museum and archaeological entrance fees
- Meal prices
Contact us for more information, or any of your questions.